Sun Rise Neuse River

Sun Rise Neuse River
January 2, 2009

25 May 2013 - Memorial Day Weekend

   Unfortunately, I was unable to take any pictures while underway.  I had my hands full while single handed sailing.  The weather forecast was calling for small craft warning to end at 10:00 EST. I waited until 09:00 AM to decided if I should get underway.
  At 10:15, I departed the slip. I only sailed for 2 hours.  The wind was gusting over 25 knots. Overall it was nice day.  The temperature was 57 degree when I got underway, and it was still in the 60's when I moored at noon.  
  At 10:29, I cleared Whittaker Creek Channel.  It started to get more treacherous when I was crossing the Neuse River.  Every time I got on a good and safe tack, another sailing vessel made me alter my course. 
  At 11:00, I decided to head home.  I ran aground again on the way coming in, this time before the No. 5 buoy (I was in the channel).  
  At 12:12, I moored at Whittaker Creek Yacht Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment